Cold pressed from the peel, Wild Orange is one of the top selling essential oils due to its energizing aroma and multiple health benefits.
High in monoterpenes, Wild Orange possesses stimulating and purifying qualities, making it ideal to support healthy immune system function when seasonal threats are high which is why it’s a primary ingredient of On Guard.
As with many citrus peel oils, Wild Orange contains powerful antioxidants that help maintain overall health. It can be taken daily to cleanse the body or used on surfaces as a natural cleaner. Diffusing Wild Orange will energize and uplift the mind and body while purifying the air. Wild Orange enhances any essential oil blend with a fresh, sweet, refreshing aroma.
Please note that the FDA does not regulate essential oils. This means that I cannot make any specific claims about or imply that essential oils cure or should be used to treat any diseases or other health conditions. I am not doing that by providing this information.
All information is pulled from reputable sources and studies. Links are provided so that you can make an educated and informed decision as a responsible adult.
Scientific Research on Wild Orange Essential Oil
OK, so here is what I found on the science of Wild Orange oil and its potential health benefits…
Note that all links open in a new browser window.
- It’s been shown to induce “physiological and psychological relaxation”
- Its been shown to promote protection against environmental threats (which is one of the reasons it’s a main oil included in the On Guard immune protecting blend)
- It has been shown to have “effective antioxidative properties” and, compared to several other oils including Lemon, Pine, and Eucalyptus.
- Some of its primary compounds have been shown to have positive effects against the proliferation bad things in the body
- It’s been shown to be effective all natural way to control against house flies (yuck!)
- It was shown when used aromatically to promote “have some potential for improving cognitive function”
- Use in an all-purpose spray to cleanse and purify surfaces.
- Add a drop to your water every day for a burst of flavor and to promote overall health.
- Diffuse to uplift mood and energy levels and to freshen the air.
- For an energizing boost, dispense one to two drops in the palm of your hand along with equal parts Peppermint and Frankincense. Rub palms together and
inhale deeply from palms, then rub on the back of neck.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Plant Part: Orange rinds (peel)
Extraction Method: Cold pressed/expressed
Aromatic Description: Sweet, fresh, citrus
Main Chemical Components: Limonene