17 Jun About Cardamom Essential Oil
The essential oil is steam distilled from the seeds after they’ve gone a lengthy drying process (generally more than 3 months) to get the desired levels of beneficial components possible out of them.
Cardamom is commonly used to help soothe occasional stomach discomfort. Its distinct scent can promote a positive mood. Cardamom also has profound effects on the respiratory system due to its high 1, 8-cineole content, which promotes clear breathing and respiratory health.
Native to Southeast Asia, specifically India, Cardamom is added to traditional Indian sweets and teas for its cool, minty aroma and flavor.
It is the world’s third-most expensive spice, surpassed in price per weight only by vanilla and saffron.
Scientific Research on the Benefits of Cardamom Oil
What does the scientific research say about the benefits of Cardamom?
Well, I can’t say specifically. The FDA won’t let me because they don’t regulate essential oils. So, if you’d like to learn about the research, you have two choices:
- Contact me now and I’ll tell you all about it personally. It’s free, you have no obligation, and I promise–no…I guarantee–it will be worth your time.
- Go to this government website and search. You can use phrases like “cardamom essential oil“. It’s quite simple and you’ll find some very interesting information.
- Use internally as part of a daily health regimen to support healthy gastrointestinal function.
- Diffuse or apply topically to promote feelings of clear breathing.
- Add to bread, smoothies, meats, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.
- Diffuse or inhale for a sense of openness and mental clarity.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the best essential oil diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area.
- May help ease indigestion and maintain overall gastrointestinal health
- Promotes clear breathing and respiratory health
- Helps alleviate occasional feelings of stomach discomfort
- Flavorful spice for cooking and baking
Cardamom Blends Well With These Essential Oils
Aromatic Description: Spicy, fruity, warm, balsamic
Collection Method: Steam distillation
Plant Part: Seed
Main Constituents: Terpinyl acetate, 1, 8-cineole, linalyl acetate, sabinene, linalool