18 Aug About Juniper Berry Essential Oil
Juniper berry (Juniperus communis) essential oil is usually derived from the berries of the coniferous tree of the same name.
Juniper is an evergreen shrub that is very common in Europe but also commonly found in North America and Southwest Asia. In the United States, junipers grow abundantly in the mountainous regions of the Appalachians, as well as in western states such as Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Utah.
Juniper Berry essential oil has a rich history of traditional uses and benefits. Juniper Berry acts as a natural cleansing and detoxifying agent, and supports healthy kidney and urinary tract function. Juniper Berry acts as a natural skin toner and reduces the appearance of skin blemishes.
It’s a pale oil with a watery viscosity, and a fresh, clear, and slightly woody and fruity fragrance. Its woody, spicy, yet fresh aroma has a calming, grounding effect. When diffused, Juniper Berry helps cleanse and purify the air.
Juniper berries are responsible for giving gin its distinctive flavor. The name gin is a loose derivative of the word juniper. Jenever, a Dutch predecessor to today’s gin was named from Jeneverbes, the Dutch word for juniper.
Scientific Research on the Benefits of Juniper Berry Essential Oil
What does the scientific research say about the benefits of Juniper Berry?
Well, I can’t say specifically. The FDA won’t let me because they don’t regulate essential oils. So, if you’d like to learn about the research, you have two choices:
- Contact me now and I’ll tell you all about it personally. It’s free, you have no obligation, and I promise–no…I guarantee–it will be worth your time.
- Go this government website and search. You can use phrases like “juniper berry essential oil“. It’s quite simple and you’ll find some very interesting information.
- Add one to two drops to water or citrus drinks as part of a natural cleansing regimen.
- Apply one drop to promote a clear, healthy complexion.
- Diffuse with citrus oils like Wild Orange or Lemon to freshen and purify the air and lessen stress.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the best essential oil diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area.
- Supports healthy kidney and urinary tract function
- Acts as a natural skin toner
- Acts as a natural cleansing and detoxifying agent
- Has a calming, grounding effect
Aromatic Description: Balsamic, clean, woody, spicy
Collection Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Berry
Main Constituents: α-pinene, sabinene