22 Aug Back to School (Top 5 Get Going Strategies)
It’s no lie…this time of year brings up the “wonky” in us all.
Excitement. Nerves. Excitement (did I say that twice?).
Early(er) mornings. Long(er) days.
So as we get ourselves ready to go, here are my top five go-to strategies for staying grounded and ready for anything and EVERYTHING back to school time has to offer (or force on you, as the case may be).
1. Coffee. No Coffee = No Prana, No Prana = No Mama!
That’s for sure. But it’s not just about grabbin’ coffee and goin’. You must sit with your mug. Enjoy. Meditate on your coffee–the aroma, the taste, the feeling of it on your lips. Wake up a few minutes before you need to and ENJOY sipping your coffee.
Be WARMED by it.
Have you had Nespresso? If not, treat yourself to this machine. It will hands down change your coffee world.
Most of us know there is no better way to start your day than good coffee. The key is good coffee + time to enjoy it before the shit hits the fan as they say.
You really have to invest some time here…you won’t be disappointed!
2. Put your best face forward.
Let’s face it, we need our Mama “game face” on. I stopped using over-the-counter beauty products altogether a few years ago as it’s no lie; what we use on our skin will affect our bodies AND how we feel, especially over time.
I use the Verage Skin Care System (don’t have a wholesale account and want wholesale pricing on this item? contact me). It’s plant based and all natural and promotes youthful skin, bringing it back to life without harsh chemicals or other additives that will damage your skin over time.
For my makeup it’s simple, I don’t use much. But I love my Youniqe eyeshadow! This is it for me!
You don’t need much to let your beauty shine. Embrace it and be the beauty that you are!
3. Stay Grounded in YOU.
Ever since pursuing one-on-one business and life coaching and diving deep into Desire Mapping, it’s really important that during a time where our entire focus can shift towards our kids we stay connected to who and what WE are.
You have to not only keep yourself grounded, but you have to set goals.
Set your heart on fire and create a huge wave in your soul that will not only carry you but carry your family through the year to come.
4. Oil your life up!
Yes, you heard me. If you haven’t used Essential Oils in place of your everyday household cleaners, makeup and even some common over-the-counter medicines, then now is the time to get started.
The On Guard product line (including the essential oil blend) is a MUST have during this time of year. The On Guard products are great for the following:
- On Guard is an effective alternative to synthetic options for immune support
- Diffuse for cleansing the air (and an amazing smell)
- Add two to three drops in a veggie capsule for a quick immune boost
- Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses
- Rub on bottom of kid’s feet during school season to help protect against seasonal threats
- Diffuse in class setting for an uplifting scent
- Supports healthy immune function
- Protects against environmental threats
- Diffuse in your home or office during fall and winter months
- Add to water (maybe with a little lemon oil) for an effective all-purpose cleaner for surfaces
- Supports healthy respiratory function
5. Get your BADASSness ON!
Remind yourself that YOU are Awesome.
You are BEYOND all of this shift, change, and new routine.
A few good reads to remind yourself of this are:
- You are a Bad Ass by Jen Sincero,
- Purpose Principles by Dan Millman and,
- Laws of the Spirit also by Dan Millman
You are now ready for everything and ANYTHING that is going to come your way.
Happy Back to School!
XO – Marcia