29 Apr Let’s talk about the GUT + your SKIN! :)
Most of the time, we forget how important our gut health is to how our SKIN looks!
I know for myself–especially since I suffer from Lymes–that when my gut is not right, my skin looks dull, tired and dry.
If you missed it, I did a Facebook LIVE in our Sustainable Wellness Team Page (yes, you need to be on Facebook to see it) all about this. It was SO MUCH FUN!
(Let me know if you’re not in that group on FB.)
But, in case you aren’t the social media type – I don’t want YOU to miss out on the fun tips that I shared!!!
Your skin is your largest (and some would say most important) organ in your body.
Unlike other organs, you can easily touch, see and check your skin health daily, so it’s a great indicator of what’s going on inside your body – especially your gut health.
Acne, facial redness, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, and rosacea are all skin conditions which can have the same root cause; poor gut health and gut function.
The gut includes everything from the mouth all the way through to the anus – it’s responsible for absorbing nutrients, housing both helpful and harmful bacteria and excreting waste. Making improvements to the digestive system has been scientifically shown to improve skin health, immune function, mood, and energy levels.
So read on to discover why your gut health is SO IMPORTANT when it comes to clear skin!
We are what we absorb!
Have you ever heard the saying “you are what you eat”?
This common saying is not necessarily true… it’s much more accurate to say that “you are what you absorb.”
The primary role of the gut is to absorb the nutrients from your food that your body needs for growth, repair, and normal functioning.
There are many things that inhibit proper absorption of nutrients, and when the body doesn’t receive enough nutrients, it begins to prioritise which organs will get the few nutrients that are available.
Our hair, nails and skin are usually the first places in which we notice changes. This is because when nutrients are in short supply, the body drives nutrients towards essential organs like the heart, brain and liver.
doTerra’s products are HANDS DOWN some of the best out there. I’ve tried so many. Spent hundreds – wait – probably THOUSANDS on supplements and skincare — until I found doTerra.
So now, I’m saving money — But beyond that — it’s helping me maintain a healthy gut and skin during a very challenging time in my health history
BUT – there are a few other key things that will help make you G L O W from the inside – out!
Top tips for a healthy gut = glowing skin!
- Make sure you are eating PLENTY of fruits and vegetables
- Take a quality probiotic – with billions of CFU — check out doTerra’s probiotic – PB Assist
- Collagen Peptides are also a great way to aid your digestive system – It helps break down proteins and soothes your gut’s lining, healing damaged cell walls and infusing it with healing amino acids
- Keep things MOVIN’!! Fiber, Fluid and DIGESTZEN!
- Drink warm Lemon water – first thing in the morning. 1 drop of doTerra’s Lemon oil in warm water – is a refreshing way to start the day
- Aid your entire body with LLV supplements — learn more about them from dr. axe – https://www.youtube.com/
- Use high quality nutrient rich skin care products – verage and the essential skin care are FILLED with nutrients and oils that will leave your skin looking young and refreshed!
- SWEAT – every day!! A nice way to naturally detox is to exercise and sweat it out
- Plenty of rest
- Laugh daily! 🙂
Let’s all stay healthy and strong from the INSIDE – OUT!
XO — M