29 May About Douglas Fir Essential Oil
Douglas Fir is a conifer that grows natively throughout North America. This tall, evergreen fir tree is frequently used in the Christmas tree industry and has a lemon scented note that’s sweet and refreshing.
Douglas Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) has a unique chemical composition that’s particularly rich in beta-pinene (a monoterpene), contributing to its ability to promote feelings of clear airways. Douglas Fir can also be used to purify the skin and promote a positive mood. Blending Douglas Fir with citrus oils such as Wild Orange will create an uplifting environment while freshening the air.
Please note that the FDA does not regulate essential oils. This means that I cannot make any specific claims about or imply that essential oils cure or should be used to treat any diseases or other health conditions. I am not doing that by providing this information.
All information is pulled from reputable sources and studies. Links are provided so that you can make an educated and informed decision as a responsible adult.
Douglas-fir essential oil is not one of the more commonly used oils in aromatherapy but it is considered to be of potential value in the treatment of anxiety, nervous tension, asthma and wounds. Douglas-fir oil is potentially useful in the treatment of circulatory weakness, respiratory weakness, infections, and/or catarrh, cough, asthma and bronchitis.
- Combine Douglas Fir with Wild Orange, Lemon, or Bergamot in the essential oil diffuser of your choice to freshen the air, uplift mood, and promote a sense of focus.
- Add 1 drop to facial cleanser, bar soap, or body wash for added cleansing benefits and an invigorating aroma.
- Diffuse 2–3 drops Douglas Fir with 2–3 drops Eucalyptus, or rub into hands and inhale deeply to promote feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
- Combine with 1-2 drops of Wintergreen for a relaxing massage experience.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the best essential oil diffuser of your choice.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area.
Plant Part: Branch/Leaf
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Clean, Fresh, Woody, Airy
Main Chemical Components: B-pinene, a-pinene, 3-carvene, sabinene