07 Jul About Grapefruit Essential Oil
Referred to as a “forbidden fruit” and one of the “Seven Wonders of Barbados,” Grapefruit was first documented in 1750 by Welshman Rev. Griffith Hughes.
Grapefruit essential oil is a potent extract derived from the Citrus paradisi grapefruit plant. The name “grapefruit” is attributed to the fruits growing in clusters which resemble those of grapes. Known for its energizing and invigorating aroma, Grapefruit helps uplift mood and provides a clarifying effect to the mind.
Grapefruit is also renowned for its cleansing and purifying properties and is frequently used in skin care for its ability to promote the appearance of clear, healthy-looking skin. Grapefruit can also support a healthy metabolism.
Even though the pulp of grapefruit has plenty of its own benefits—including being a popular fat-burning food—grapefruit essential oil actually comes from the peel of the fruit, which holds a range of beneficial volatile compounds.
Grapefruit oil is one of the most versatile essential oils. It’s aroma is clean, fresh and a bit bitter, like the fruit itself. It has the signature taste and smell of citrus fruits, and many people like to use it in natural household cleaning products and homemade beauty lotions, soaps, and cosmetics.
Scientific Research on the Benefits of Grapefruit Essential Oil
What does the scientific research say about the benefits of Grapefruit oil?
Well, I can’t say specifically. The FDA won’t let me because they don’t regulate essential oils. So, if you’d like to learn about the research, you have two choices:
- Contact me now and I’ll tell you all about it personally. It’s free, you have no obligation, and I promise–no…I guarantee–it will be worth your time.
- Go this government website and search. You can use phrases like “grapefruit essential oil“. It’s quite simple and you’ll find some very interesting information.
- Add to your teenager’s facial routine to improve the appearance of blemishes (avoid sun exposure).
- Diffuse while dieting or trying to lose weight to increase motivation.
- Add one to two drops to your water to support a healthy metabolism.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the best essential oil diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area.
- Improves the appearance of blemishes
- Supports healthy metabolism
- Uplifts mood
Aromatic Description: Citrus, floral, fruity
Collection Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Grapefruit rinds (peel)
Main Constituents: d-Limonene